CaribPR Wire, MIAMI, FL, Mon. May 9, 2011: The latest BlackBerry World 2011 in Orlando, Florida from May 2-5 was one of the most exciting BlackBerry events of the year with over 5.500 registered participants from 123 countries worldwide.
Over 1.600 channel partners attended and the 450,000 square feet show floor at the Orlando World Center Marriott was packed during the 10th anniversary of this show. Research In Motion extended the agenda and content of its flagship BlackBerry conference and therefore rebranded the event after nine successful years of WES.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 /BlackBerry 7 OS
RIM has unveiled two new BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphones. The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are the thinnest and most powerful BlackBerry smartphones yet – featuring the renowned BlackBerry keyboard together with a brilliant touch screen and the new BlackBerry 7 OS
Thin, Sleek, Iconic Design - distinguished by an iconic design and the industry’s best keyboard, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones feature the premium materials and finishes that characterize the BlackBerry Bold line
- Performance-Driven Platform – built on a new performance-driven platform featuring a 1.2 GHz processor, Liquid Graphics™ touch screen, and support for high speed 4G/HSPA+ wide area wireless networks.
- Liquid Graphics touch screen – a key new feature powered by BlackBerry 7, delivers fast, smooth performance for highly responsive touch-based navigation, web browsing, pictures, video and graphics intensive games
- 4G network support – the 9900 supports HSPA+ connectivity, and the 9930 supports CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and HSPA+ global roaming on GSM/UMTS networks.
- NFC – includes built-in support for NFC (Near Field Communications), a new technology that will enable many rich and exciting experiences (pairing to an accessory or reading information such as a web link from smart tags by simply tapping their BlackBerry Bold to an NFC tag)
- Augmented Reality – feature a built-in compass (magnetometer) to support location-based services and augmented reality.
- Will also include Wikitude, the leader in mobile augmented reality, which overlays contextual information on what the user sees through the smartphone’s camera viewfinder.
- HD Video – support up to 720p HD video recording and playback.
- Designed to power the new performance-driven BlackBerry Bold platform.
- Provides an easier and faster user experience with improved browsing, voice-activated searches, the ability to manage personal content separately from corporate content, as well as additional personal and productivity apps out of the box.
The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer.
Product Page: www.blackberry.com/touchbold
BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat
The BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat application is an easy and fun way for friends and family to place and receive video calls between BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets over an internet connected Wi-Fi® network.
Key features of the PlayBook Video Chat application include:
- One-Click Video and Voice over Wi-Fi Calls – can make a call from their Video Chat contact list, log of recent calls or simply by entering the BBID email address of the person they want to call.
- Incoming Call Notifications – can accept the call as either a video or voice call, or decline the call. Can also set the “Do Not Disturb” option to automatically ignore all incoming calls.
- Powerful In-Call Functions –picture-in-picture, ability to easily switch cameras, mute/unmute audio, make or take calls using voice only.
- Friends List – enables users to maintain a list of favorite contacts.
Availability: The BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat application is expected to be available May 3, 2011 and will be distributed to existing BlackBerry PlayBook customers through an over-the-air software update and will also be available on BlackBerry App World ™.
Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook
Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook a new app that delivers popular features of Facebook, optimized for the 7″ high resolution, multi-touch LCD display of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook offers users a highly engaging experience by integrating popular features and functionality of Facebook including the ability to
- View and add Friends
- Enjoy seamless photo and video viewing
- Connect with friends using Facebook Chat
- View and interact with the News Feed
Multi-Platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution
RIM announced plans for a multi-platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution for managing and securing mobile devices for enterprises and government organizations.
- The solution will make available the market-leading management, security and controls of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express for BlackBerry® smartphones and BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets.
- Through RIM’s pending acquisition of ubitexx (creator of the ubi-Suite device management solution), the solution is expected to incorporate secure device management for Android and iOS based devices and tablets, all managed from a single web-based console.
- The single web-based console is being designed to provide IT administrators with a simple and efficient way to distribute software and manage policies, inventory, security and services for BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, as well as other mobile devices.
- Registration for a product preview of the ubitexx solution is open today at http://www.ubitexx.com/trial.
- The multi-platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is planned for general availability later this year.
BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5
RIM is helping more businesses bring together the desk phone and smartphone. RIM today announced plans to make BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System 5 (BlackBerry MVS 5) available to more corporate phone systems and unified communications applications.
- BlackBerry MVS 5 with voice over Wi-Fi® calling will soon be available for Avaya Aura® 6.1, Avaya CS1000 Communication Server, as well as legacy phone systems such as Avaya Communications Manager and Nortel Communication Server.
- It is also currently available for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Call Manager Express, and Mitel Communications Director.
- BlackBerry MVS 5 has also been re-architected to be more extensible with third party applications and phone systems.
- BlackBerry MVS 5 is currently available from RIM and various resellers in the US and EMEA. To find a local reseller
Product Page: www.blackberry.com/mvs
RIM is ) is advancing work-life balance on BlackBerry® smartphones with BlackBerry® Balance™ – new technology that makes possible the convenience of using a single BlackBerry smartphone for both work and personal purposes without compromising the security of company content and the privacy of personal content.
- RIM is introducing this technology in response to the growing trend by businesses to allow employees to use personal BlackBerry smartphones for work, or company-owned smartphones for personal, and the need by businesses to secure, manage and control confidential company or client information on these devices.
- BlackBerry Balance presents a unified view of work and personal content on a BlackBerry smartphone while keeping the content separate and secure.
- The division between work and personal content is transparent to the user unless they try to perform actions prohibited by company policy.
- IT administrators can set policies via BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express.
- BlackBerry Balance is available only on BlackBerry devices and can be applied to employee- or company-owned smartphones.
- It is built into BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0.3 and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0.3 (available today) for Microsoft® Exchange® or IBM® Lotus® Domino®. It also requires the latest version of BlackBerry® 6 Device Software*.
Product Page: www.blackberry.com/balance
Click Here for More Information »